The best cancer hospital in Mumbai has been chosen after a comprehensive study on the criteria that matter most to the cancer patient and his family including the best cancer treatment.
Which Is The Best Cancer Hospital in Mumbai?
One of the main goals of cancer diagnosis and treatment is to cure or prolong the life of patients. Achieving this goal not only has a great impact on the patient but also on their family and friends.
Mumbai is a city where the most modern cancer treatments are available, most experienced doctors, and treatments at all cost range. You will also get treatments in most of the alternative systems of medicine including Homeopathy.
Why Choose Welling Homeopathy Medicines for Cancer Treatment?
Welling Clinic’s Immuno-Knife is the latest AI-based Homeopathic cancer treatment process pioneered by Dr. Welling, M.D. for treatment of cancer through safe, custom-made Homeopathy medicines. The Homeopathic Cancer treatment is a comprehensive cancer treatment, you can start as the primary treatment for cancer. You can also start it as a supportive line of treatment along with chemo, radiation therapy, or surgery.
Developed and researched by leading Homeopathic cancer specialist, Dr Welling and his team of specialists, it is based on his experience of managing cancer treatment for the last 20 years and documented cancer cases of other globally renowned Homeopaths. The custom-made Homeopathy medicines for cancer are chosen by a Welling Homeopathy specialist after a detailed evaluation, in-person or online consultation. Call +91 8080 850 950 to book an appointment, to meet our specialist or schedule an online consultation.
Best Cancer Hospital in Mumbai
Basically, all major hospitals in Mumbai, boast of being the best cancer hospital having experienced oncologists in Mumbai. Just having a cancer department, doesn’t make them the best. Keep this checklist handy to shortlist the best cancer hospital in Mumbai,
- Consulting oncologist experience and qualification
- Are all tests and investigations done in one place?
- Are supporting consultants like onco-surgeon available at the same hospital?
- Is paperless insurance cover available?
- Are any NGOs and charities associated to help with cost subsidy?
- Are maximum treatment modalities available in the same hospital?
What Is Cancer?
Cancer is a serious disease that affects one in three men and one in four women globally and has reached epidemic proportions in India. However, in a way similar to regular infectious diseases, it is quite possible to treat if it is diagnosed at an early stage.
The treatment of cancer should aim at curing cancer completely or to greatly increase the chances of survival. However, in most cases, this is not possible due to several reasons. Apart from the usual causes, cancer occurs when the cells in a normal body cell start to divide uncontrollably. This process is known as cancer or tumor formation.
It is essentially the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells, especially tumour cells, within the body. In simple terms, cancer is when normal bodily functioning starts affecting the health of a person. You may also know that cancer is also referred to as a malignant tumour. There can be various causes of cancer, but generally, it can be termed as one of the leading causes of death in our society. The risk factors are oncogenic conditions and inherited disorders and risk factors include exposure to radiation, harmful chemicals, cigarette smoke, high blood pressure, and obesity.
Different Types of Cancer
There are more than 200 types of cancer and we can classify cancers according to where they start in the body, such as breast cancer or lung cancer.
We can also group cancer according to the type of cell they start in. There are 5 main groups. These are:
- carcinoma – this cancer begins in the skin or in tissues that line or cover internal organs. There are different subtypes, including adenocarcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and transitional cell carcinoma
- sarcoma – this cancer begins in the connective or supportive tissues such as bone, cartilage, fat, muscle, or blood vessels
- leukemia – this is cancer of the white blood cells. It starts in the tissues that make blood cells such as the bone marrow.
- lymphoma and myeloma – these cancers begin in the cells of the immune system
- brain and spinal cord cancers – these are known as central nervous system cancers
The causes of cancers are largely determined by the specific genetic make-up of the cells, as well as the environment and other factors in which the cell is placed. Examples include the Human Papilloma Virus, alcohol, smoking, certain viruses (such as HIV and HPV), radiation, chemicals, and physical trauma. “Cancer can be classified into two main groups: carcinoma and non-cancerous tumors. Both these groups can be very serious if untreated and can, at times, be fatal. A complete overview of the types of cancers helps one to differentiate between the two.
Between 30% and 50% of cancer deaths could be prevented by modifying or avoiding key risk factors and implementing existing evidence-based prevention strategies. The cancer burden can also be reduced through early detection of cancer and management of patients who develop cancer. Prevention also offers the most cost-effective long-term strategy for the control of cancer.
Modifying or avoiding the following key risk factors can help prevent cancer:
- avoid tobacco use, including cigarettes and smokeless tobacco
- maintain a healthy weight
- eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables
- exercise regularly
- limit alcohol use
- practice safe sex
- get vaccinated against hepatitis B and human papillomavirus (HPV)
- reduce exposure to ultraviolet radiation and ionizing radiation (occupational or medical diagnostic imaging)
- avoid urban air pollution and indoor smoke from household use of solid fuels
- get regular medical care
- some chronic infections are also risk factors for cancer. People in low- and middle-income countries are more likely to develop cancer through chronic infections.
Types of Cancer Treatment & Oncologists
The main goal of cancer diagnosis and treatment programs is to cure or considerably prolong the life of patients and to ensure the best possible quality of life for cancer survivors. According to statistics, there are a number of subtypes of cancer that can be cured or have a much higher chance to recovery.
Any cancer treatment can be used as a primary treatment, but the most common primary cancer treatment for the most common types of cancer is surgery. If your cancer is particularly sensitive to radiation therapy or chemotherapy, you may receive one of those therapies as your primary treatment.
The FDA has approved a form of gene therapy called CAR T-cell therapy. It uses some of your own immune cells, called T cells, to treat your cancer. Doctors take the cells out of your blood and change them by adding new genes so they can better find and kill cancer cells.
What to Look for When Choosing a Best Cancer Hospital in Mumbai?
The first and most crucial factor to consider when selecting a cancer hospital is expertise. You want to make sure that the hospital you choose has a team of experienced and highly skilled cancer specialists.
Here are some questions to ask when evaluating the expertise of a cancer hospital:
- Does the hospital have a dedicated cancer center?
- How many cancer patients does the hospital treat each year?
- What is the hospital’s success rate for treating your specific type of cancer?
- Does the hospital offer access to the latest cancer treatments and clinical trials?
2. Technology and Facilities
The technology and facilities available at a cancer hospital can have a significant impact on the quality of care you receive. You want to make sure that the hospital has state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to diagnose and treat your cancer effectively.
Here are some questions to ask when evaluating the technology and facilities of a cancer hospital:
- Does the hospital have the latest imaging and diagnostic equipment?
- What types of cancer treatments does the hospital offer, and are they up-to-date with the latest research and development?
- Does the hospital have a robust research program focused on cancer treatment and care?
3. Multidisciplinary Team
Cancer treatment is a complex process that often requires a team of specialists from different disciplines. You want to make sure that the hospital you choose has a multidisciplinary team of experts who can work together to provide you with the best possible care.
Here are some questions to ask when evaluating the multidisciplinary team of a cancer hospital:
- Does the hospital have a team of specialists that includes medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, and other cancer specialists?
- Does the hospital have a support team, including nurses, social workers, and other healthcare professionals?
- Does the hospital have a dedicated patient navigator to help guide you through your treatment and care?
4. Patient Experience
The patient experience is an essential factor to consider when choosing a cancer hospital. You want to make sure that the hospital provides a supportive and compassionate environment that puts your needs first.
Here are some questions to ask when evaluating the patient experience of a cancer hospital:
- What support services does the hospital offer, such as support groups, counseling, and education programs?
- How does the hospital handle patient communication and follow-up care?
- What is the hospital’s approach to pain management and symptom control?
5. Location and Accessibility
The location and accessibility of a cancer hospital can also be a critical factor to consider. You want to make sure that the hospital is easy to get to and located in a convenient area.
Here are some questions to ask when evaluating the location and accessibility of a cancer hospital:
- Is the hospital located in a convenient area, or will you need to travel a significant distance to get there?
- What transportation options are available, such as public transportation or shuttle services?
- Does the hospital offer accommodations for out-of-city patients?
- Does the hospital have parking facilities and valet services?
- Is the hospital accessible for individuals with disabilities?
- Is the hospital located in a safe and secure neighborhood?
Considering these questions will help you choose a cancer hospital that is easily accessible and convenient for you and your loved ones.
- How do I find a list of cancer hospitals in my area?
You can start by researching online or asking your primary care physician for recommendations. You can also contact your health insurance provider for a list of in-network cancer hospitals.
- How do I know if a cancer hospital is accredited?
You can check if a cancer hospital is accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) or the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). These organizations set rigorous standards for cancer care and accreditation indicates that the hospital has met these standards.
- What should I expect during my first visit to a cancer hospital?
During your first visit, you will likely meet with your medical team to discuss your diagnosis and treatment options. You may also undergo diagnostic tests, such as imaging scans or biopsies. It’s important to ask questions and communicate openly with your medical team.
Choosing the Best Cancer Hospital
Choosing the best cancer hospital can be a daunting task, but by considering the factors outlined in this guide, you can make an informed decision. Expertise, technology and facilities, a multidisciplinary team, patient experience, and location and accessibility are all important factors to consider. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and do your research before making a decision. With the right cancer hospital and medical team, you can receive the care and treatment you need to fight cancer and improve your quality of life.
The Best Cancer Hospital in Mumbai
Cancer is the second leading cause of death among Indians aged 35 years or more, and the leading cause of death among those between the ages of 15 and 34. Cancer is one of the major global health challenges and estimates show that by 2020, there will be approximately 8.8 million new cancer cases and 4.2 million cancer-related deaths. No two cancer patients, and no two cancers, are exactly the same. Every patient’s care should include—from treating cancer to managing related side effects. As mentioned earlier, you will get various options in Mumbai from Tata Memorial Hospital to some of the best private hospitals.
Cancer Treatment In Mumbai At Affordable Cost
Cancer treatment, by its very nature, is often very expensive and while it remains important, is usually not a priority for patients. Treatment, even the most basic tests, can easily cost a fortune. That is why the government is already actively promoting cancer treatment and healthcare.
At present, several healthcare schemes are available to cancer patients which helps them save more on the costs of cancer treatment, one of them is the national health protection scheme, Ayushman Bharat. The Ayushman Bharat initiative aims to provide financial assistance to at least 10 crore vulnerable and low-income families per year by providing a secondary insurance cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year. The poor can avail of this scheme very easily.
Best Cancer Specialist In Mumbai
Mumbai has some excellent cancer treatment hospitals that are available for patients from all walks of life. Mumbai can boast a number of medical facilities that specialize in dealing with cancer that treat cancer in patients from across the globe.
Many cancer patients from all over India and abroad visit Mumbai for cancer treatment as there are several reputed and renowned cancer hospitals in Mumbai. It also has one of the finest surgeons, treatment, hospital, types of equipment, surgery techniques at a fairly reasonable cost. There are some of the best cancer hospitals in India, with Mumbai having some of the really good ones.
Cancer Treatment In India
The rates per capita for cancer patients in India are lower than in many countries, particularly in the western world. Currently, more and more of the rural population are starting to swap their country lifestyle for the bright lights of the big city. Lung cancer and prostate cancer rates in India are amongst the lowest in the world but oral and oesophageal cancer rates are higher than in most other countries. Mumbai seems to be leading the race as far as top-notch cancer treatment and research facilities are concerned.
Where To Start Your Cancer Treatment in Mumbai
To achieve long-term success, cancer survivors need emotional and physical support, as well as information and education on issues, lifestyle choices, nutrition, and wellness. Finding a cancer treatment center in Mumbai can be hard for people battling cancer, and seeking the best place to get one. That is why we have developed this checklist of cancer treatment centers and made it a bit easier for you to get an insight into the best possible care you can receive in your city. When seeking a cancer treatment center to undergo a medical procedure, it is crucial to ask the important question: does the center use modern and effective equipment, or do they follow outdated treatment procedures?
Top Cancer Hospital In Mumbai
According to a survey of patients who visit Welling Homeopathy Clinics for cancer treatments, we have short-listed 5 best cancer treatment centres in Mumbai:
Also known as the Tata Memorial Centre, this cancer specialist hospital was originally founded in 1941. It is located in the Parel area of Mumbai and specializes in many areas of cancer prevention and treatment.
P.D. Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre
D. Hinduja National Hospital is a super multi-speciality hospital with NABH accreditation. P.D. Hinduja is a leading cancer hospital in Mumbai, offering treatment for all paediatric and adult cancers.
Dr. L. H. Hiranandani Hospital
Dr. L. H. Hiranandani Hospital is a multi-speciality hospital that is on par with the best international hospitals. Dr. L. H. Hiranandani Hospital has collaborated with International Oncology Services Pvt. Ltd to start an ultra-modern cancer care center. The center is equipped to provide the most comprehensive cancer treatment in Mumbai.
Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital
Situated in the Vile Parle part of Mumbai, it offers the latest cancer treatment under the guidance of experienced oncologists. Its equipped with the latest technology like MR-guided Focused Ultrasound Surgery.
Welling Homeopathy Clinic
Our cancer centre in Mumbai uses ImmunoknifeTM Cancer therapy, a Homeopathic, non-surgical treatment developed by Homeopathic cancer specialist Dr.Welling to halt the progress of cancer. You can choose our Homeopathy Immunoknife Cancer Treatment as a main treatment or as a supportive treatment along with other treatments.
Other Cancer Hospitals in Mumbai
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Andheri, Mumbai.
- Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai.
- Global Hospital, Mumbai.
- HCG Apex Cancer Centre, Mumbai.
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai.
- Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
- Saifee Hospital, Mumbai.
We wish you the best in your fight against cancer and to find the best cancer treatment hospital in Mumbai.