Does Homeopathy Work For Thyroid? At Welling Homeopathy Clinics we have developed the treatment protocol that can help you regularise the working of the thyroid. Your tailor-made treatment includes your custom Homeopathy medicines for thyroid imbalance, some easy yoga posture, and dietary advice. This will help you to improve the working of the thyroid and reverse symptoms due to thyroid imbalance like massive weight gain or weight loss, easy tiredness, hair-fall, depressive feeling, and other symptoms.
Let’s see what are common thyroid problems.
The thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland located at the base of your neck just below Adam’s apple. It’s part of an intricate network of glands called the endocrine system. The endocrine system is responsible for coordinating many of your body’s activities.
Through the hormones, it produces, the thyroid gland influences almost all of the metabolic processes in your body. Thyroid disorders can range from a small, harmless goiter (enlarged gland) that needs no treatment to life-threatening cancer. The most common thyroid problems involve the abnormal production of thyroid hormones. Too much thyroid hormone results in a condition known as hyperthyroidism. Insufficient hormone production leads to hypothyroidism.
Thyroid problems include:
- Goiter – enlargement of the thyroid gland
- Hyperthyroidism – when your thyroid gland makes more thyroid hormones than your body needs
- Hypothyroidism – when your thyroid gland does not make enough thyroid hormones
- Thyroid cancer
- Thyroid nodules – lumps in the thyroid gland
- Thyroiditis – swelling of the thyroid
Hypothyroidism arises due to the underproduction of thyroid hormones. Since your body’s energy production requires certain amounts of thyroid hormones, a drop in hormone production leads to lower energy levels. Causes of hypothyroidism include:
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis: In this autoimmune disorder, the body attacks thyroid tissue. The tissue eventually dies and stops producing hormones.
- Removal of the thyroid gland: The thyroid may have been surgically removed or chemically destroyed.
- Exposure to excessive amounts of iodide: Cold and sinus medicines, the heart medicine amiodarone, or certain contrast dyes given before some X-rays may expose you to too much iodine. You may be at greater risk for developing hypothyroidism if you have had thyroid problems in the past.
- Lithium: This drug has also been implicated as a cause of hypothyroidism.
In hyperthyroidism, the thyroid gland is overactive. It produces too much of its hormone. Hyperthyroidism affects about 1 percent of women. It’s less common in men.
Graves’ disease is the most common cause of hyperthyroidism, affecting about 70 percent of people with an overactive thyroid. Nodules on the thyroid — a condition called toxic nodular goiter or multinodular goiter — can also cause the gland to overproduce its hormones.
Excessive thyroid hormone production leads to symptoms such as:
- racing heart
- increased sweating
- trouble sleeping
- thin skin
- brittle hair and nails
- muscle weakness
- weight loss
- bulging eyes (in Graves’ disease)
How Is Hypothyroidism or Hyperthyroidism Diagnosed?
Your doctor will ask you about your symptoms and do a physical exam. Then they will order blood tests to see how much thyroid hormone your body is making. In addition, your doctor may discover that you have hyperthyroidism while doing a test for another reason.
Signs and Symptoms of a Thyroid Problem:
- You may feel nervous, moody, weak, or tired.
- Your hands may shake, your heart may beat fast, or you may have problems breathing.
- You may be sweaty or have warm, red, itchy skin.
- You may have more bowel movements than usual.
- You may have fine, soft hair that is falling out.
- You may feel tired, weak, and/or depressed.
- You may have dry skin and brittle nails.
- You may have difficulty standing in cold temperatures.
- You may have constipation.
- You may experience memory problems or trouble thinking clearly.
- You may have heavy or irregular menstrual periods.
- You may lose weight even though you eat the same or more than usual.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism occur slowly over time. At first, you might not notice these symptoms. Or you might mistake them for normal aging. This is not normal aging. See your doctor if you have symptoms like these that get worse or won’t go away.
Homeopathy Treatment for Thyroid
If you wish to get rid of your regular hormonal medications. which usually you would need to take for life in increasing power, you should opt for our extensively researched and proven in our homeopathy clinics over the last 20 years with patients from 108 countries. Meet our specialists at any Welling Clinic near you for a detailed evaluation and assessment. Or you can even consult and order online the complete treatment protocol through our online consultation platform.
Experience with Welling Homeopathy, just how fast homeopathy works for thyroid imbalance.