Migraine headaches can be very painful and disturb your routine completely.
Over 10 crore Indians suffer from intense headaches, which are accompanied by light sensitivity, nausea, throbbing pain, and tension in the neck and back.
Most commonly, over-the-counter treatments, fail to provide relief or cause other side-effects. Therefore, it is always better to use other, healthier alternatives to soothe headaches.
These are some of the most effective ones:
1. Hydrate. Often, a headache, and even a migraine, can be triggered by a lack of water. Fox News reminds people, and especially migraine sufferers, to make sure they are properly hydrated throughout the day.
2. Cold and hot compresses. Sometimes all you need to gain a little relief is to apply a cold or hot compress. The ”Mayo Clinic” recommends experimenting to figure out which works best for you.
3. Magnesium. ”Healthline” shares that studies have shown that migraine sufferers tend to have low levels of magnesium. By increasing your magnesium intake, you can often decrease the number and intensity of your headaches. You can take supplements or get the mineral by eating foods rich in magnesium: dark green vegetables, whole grains and nuts.
4. Caffeine. Go grab a cup of regular coffee or your favorite caffeinated soda the next time a migraine hits. WebMD says that caffeine helps restricts blood vessels that can be the cause of pressure that’s creating the headache. If you drink a lot of caffeine on a regular basis, though, you won’t find a whole lot of relief in this solution.
5. Vitamin B2. Vitamin B2 is another natural remedy that is showing signs of decreasing the severity of migraines. ”Migraine Again” cautions against taking too much of this vitamin, so see your doctor for help if you decide to go the supplement route. You can also increase your vitamin B2 intake by eating cheese, fish and chicken and drinking milk.
6. Ginger and lemon. A new fad making its way through the home remedy world is using ginger and lemon to treat migraines. WebMD says that there is no scientific proof that ginger actually reduces or prevents headaches or migraines. There is some evidence that it may have some benefit, but the studies are inconclusive at this time. The good news is that ginger is a fairly safe spice. If you want to try it, ”Top 10 Home Remedies” combines equal parts of ginger juice and lemon juice and recommends drinking it two times daily.
7. Homeopathy treatment of a migraine. Welling Homeopathy offers you a permanent recovery from migraine. In less than 3 months it can half the frequency of attacks and even reduce intensity by more than 2/3rd within in the same period. The specially formulated Welling Homeopathy treatment for migraine can help you get cured within 9-12 months. Meet our specialists for a detailed assessment and to know if your headaches are due to migraine or due to some other reason.
Referenced from originally published: https://www.the-healthyway.com/2017/11/26/1513/
For more information: Homeopathy Treatment of Migraine