Treatment for white patches on face needs a detailed assessment to know the exact cause and to diagnose it rightly. White patches on the face can be extremely distressing. A person with perfectly healthy facial skin may suddenly notice that there are white spots appearing on their face. While often harmless, white spots on the skin can occur due to a number of reasons and one of them is Vitiligo, which needs urgent medical attention. Welling Homeopathy Clinics specialises in the treatment of white patches due to various causes.
Melanin gives the skin its characteristic color. When the cells that produce melanin or melanocytes stop functioning or die, white spots appear on the skin. It is really tough to get rid of the white spots once they appear. Generally, the normal skin color disappears in blotches and it can affect any part of the body.
Common Causes Of White Patches On Face
Vitiligo is a hereditary condition in which your skin loses pigment, leading to white patches or white dots on skin. This can happen to anyone no matter what their skin color is, but it is much more common in those who have darker skin. No one really knows what causes vitiligo.
The patches of white skin can be tiny or they can spread over the body over time, leading to a complete change in appearance for those who are most affected by it. The skin itself does not change; just the color of it does. The medical treatment for white spots depends entirely on the root cause that underlies the condition. There are certain things that you can try to accelerate the process of treatment and improve the appearance of your face. Some of these mentioned treatments are professional while others are home remedies.
Symptoms of Vitiligo
Vitiligo can happen at any age but it generally starts before the person turns twenty. The common vitiligo signs include:
- Skin Discoloration
- Premature whitening or graying of the hair on your scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows or beard before you turn 35 years of age.
- Change in the color of retina.
- Discoloured patches in armpits, navel, genitals and rectum.
- Change in the color of the mucous membranes that line the insides of your mouth and nose.
Depending on the kind of vitiligo you have, the discoloured patches may cover:
- Many Parts of the Body: This is a very common type of vitiligo, also known as generalized vitiligo.
- Only One Side of the Body: This type of vitiligo is called segmental vitiligo, which occurs at a younger age and progress for a year or two and then stop.
- One or Only a Few Areas of the Body: This is known as the localized or focal vitiligo.
The exact cause of this skin condition is still unknown. Experts believe that it could be an autoimmune disorder in which the immune system itself attacks the melanocytes or melanin-producing cells.
Other causes that can contribute to this problem are a genetic predisposition, overexposure to sunrays, excessive stress, and vitamin B12 deficiency.
White patches on skin can also be caused by superficial fungal infections like tinea versicolor, eczema, psoriasis, or other skin conditions.
Irrespective of the cause, the problem tends to be embarrassing and could be killing your self confidence. But don’t lose heart as there are some natural remedies that you can try at home to deal with this problem. Moreover, at times it tends to resolve on its own.
Home Remedies for White Patches on Face
1. A clean face. Make sure you wash your face with soap and water several times a day. Infections will usually thrive on oily, dirty skin.
2. Apple vinegar splash. Mix some apple vinegar with water and splash it on your face twice a day. Since vinegar is acidic in nature, it will kill off any bacteria or fungi and also reduce any white spots.
3. Exfoliation. Perform an exfoliation of your skin 1-2 times a week so that dead skin cells /dirt are removed from your pores.
4. Ginger rubbing. Rub a piece of ginger on the spots three times a day, for at least 5 minutes each time. This will help make them disappear faster.
5. Cabbage. Crush a couple of cabbage leaves until they extract some water. Put the cabbage water on a cotton ball and rub the areas that are affected with white spots.
6. Black gram. Grind a bit of black gram until it becomes paste-like by adding some water. Apply to your face or affected areas on your body for 10 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
7. Ginger and lemon juice. Crush a piece of ginger until it extracts some water. Mix this ginger juice with some lemon juice and water and drink it.
8. Walnuts and figs. Adding walnuts and figs into your diet can help eliminate any white spots after a month.
9. Radish seeds and ginger paste. Grind approx. 25g of radish seeds and mix with 2tsp of vinegar. Put the paste on the affected areas for about 10 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
10. Turmeric. Soak 500g of turmeric in 8 liters of water and let it boil on the stove until you’re left with about 1 liter of the mixture. Strain it and add 0.5 liters of mustard oil. Put the mixture on your face twice a day for a couple of months to see the white spots disappear.
Welling Homeopathy has researched for the last 16 years into the causes of vitiligo and offers a painless, gentle and permanent solution to Vitiligo. Our treatment for white patches has been tried and tested in over 21,520 patients in more than 120 countries and it’s proven to be safe long term solution to white patches in the face.
Welling Homeopathy treatment is customised for your specific patches individually and hence gives faster reversal of your white patches. Visit a Welling Clinic near you or consult online to start your treatment for white patches on face.