Welling Clinic offers speciality homeopathy treatment to cure Irritable Bowel Syndrome ( IBS) permanently. The treatment protocol has been developed after an exhaustive in-house research. Our clinics consults for more than 4000 patients of Irritable Bowel Syndrome globally, every year. You too can be benefitted by our expertise in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome – IBS . [kkratings]
What is IBS?
IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a common functional disorder of the gut. A functional disorder means there is a problem with the function of a part of the body, but there is no abnormality in the structure. So, in IBS, the function of the gut is upset, but all parts of the gut look normal, even when looked at under a microscope. Irritable bowel syndrome commonly causes cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea and constipation.
The symptoms vary between individuals and affect some people more severely than others. They tend to come and go in periods lasting a few days to a few months at a time, often during times of stress or after eating certain foods.
Even though signs and symptoms are uncomfortable, IBS — unlike ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, which are forms of inflammatory bowel disease — doesn’t cause changes in bowel tissue or increase your risk of colorectal cancer.
Causes of IBS
The exact cause of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unknown. It is believed to be due to a number of factors including alteration in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract motility, abnormal nervous system signals, increased sensitivity to pain, and food intolerances. The following are some risk factors believed to cause IBS:
- Abnormal movements of the colon and small intestines (too fast or slow, or too strong)
- Hypersensitivity to pain from a full bowel or gas
- Food sensitivities, possibly caused by poor absorption of sugars or acids in food
- Gastroenteritis, a viral or bacterial infection of the stomach and intestines, may trigger IBS symptoms
- Psychological conditions such as anxiety or depression are observed in many people with IBS, though they have not been found to be a direct cause of IBS.
- Reproductive hormones or neurotransmitters may be off-balance in people with IBS.
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Genetics is thought to be a possible cause of IBS, but so far this hereditary link has not been proven.
Symptoms of IBS
The signs and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome can vary widely from person to person and often resemble those of other diseases like IBD. Among the most common are:
- Abdominal pain or cramping
- A bloated feeling
- Diarrhea or constipation — sometimes alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhea
- Mucus in the stool
For most people, IBS is a chronic condition, although there will likely be times when the signs and symptoms are worse and times when they improve or even disappear completely.
- Other symptoms which sometimes occur – include:
- Feeling sick (nausea).
- Poor appetite.
- Muscle pains.
- Feeling quickly full after eating.
- Bladder symptoms (an associated irritable bladder).
Some people have occasional mild symptoms. Others have unpleasant symptoms for long periods. Many people fall somewhere in between, with flare-ups of symptoms from time to time.
Diagnosis of IBS
A diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome depends largely on a complete medical history and physical exam, your symptoms and their severity are only part of the picture. Other causes need to be ruled out. Is it really IBS or possibly another condition?
To be diagnosed with IBS, the duration of symptoms should be at least six months, and should occur at least three times a month.
A doctor may order tests, including blood tests, stool tests, X-rays, or CT scans. There is no specific finding on these tests that can confirm the diagnosis of IBS, however, other problems can be ruled out by performing them.
Treatment for IBS
Because it’s not clear what causes irritable bowel syndrome, treatment focuses on the relief of symptoms so that you can live as normally as possible.
learning to manage stress and making changes in your diet and lifestyle gives good relif of symptoms..
Try to avoid foods that trigger your symptoms. Also try to get enough exercise, drink plenty of fluids and get enough sleep.
Following are some of the dietary and Medicinal treatment:
- Eliminating high-gas foods— especially cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower — and raw fruits.
- Eliminating gluten (wheat, barley and rye). – this helps in improvement in diarrhea symptoms.
- Fiber supplements. Taking fiber supplements, such as psyllium (Metamucil) or methylcellulose (Citrucel), with fluids may help control constipation. Fiber obtained from food may cause much more bloating compared with a fiber supplement.
- Anti-diarrheal medications– loperamide (Imodium), can help control diarrhea. Some people will benefit from medications called bile acid binders, such as cholestyramine (Prevalite), colestipol (Colestid) or colesevelam (Welchol), but these can lead to bloating.
- Anticholinergic and antispasmodic medications- These medications, such as hyoscyamine (Levsin) and dicyclomine (Bentyl), can help relieve painful bowel spasms. They are sometimes used for people who have bouts of diarrhea, but they can worsen constipation and can lead to other symptoms, such as difficulty urinating. They should also be used with caution among people with glaucoma.
- Antidepressant medications. If symptoms include pain or depression, physician recommend a tricyclic antidepressant or a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). These medications help relieve depression as well as inhibit the activity of neurons that control the intestines.
Antibiotics. Some people whose symptoms are due to an overgrowth of bacteria in their intestines may benefit from antibiotic treatment.
Homeopathic treatment for IBS
As IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a functional disorder with no pathology only alteration in the function of gut, homoeopathic medicines helps to restore the altered function of intestine and restores its motility and also functionality.
Homeopathy medicines help in effectively controlling the symptoms such as irregular bowel movements, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, etc. Regular treatment helps in reducing the frequency of attacks gradually so that the person’s overall health is restored back to normalcy.
As far as the duration and results of the treatment are concerned, these vary from case to case and are dependent on number of factors such as the severity of the condition, its duration, other parameters like family history, general health of the patient, treatment taken so far, stress levels etc.
The benefits of Homeopathy also go a step further since the treatment also helps in preventing recurrence of the condition as time progresses.
Meet our experts today to know more about the Irritable Bowel Syndrome treatment and how you too can live a pain-free life after Welling Homeopathy treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome