So What Causes Lichen Planus?
It’s considered to be associated with the immune system, or an abnormal reaction of the immune system to certain medicines.
Lichen planus isn’t infectious, does not normally run in families and can not be passed on to other people.
The following is known about causes of lichen planus:
- Non-hereditary – it does not appear to be a hereditary condition – you cannot pass it on to your children.
- Non-infectious – it is not an infectious condition – you cannot catch it.
- Non-cancerous – it is not a form of cancer.
- Not linked to nutrition – however, spicy foods, citrus juices, and tomato products may aggravate symptoms if there are open sores in the mouth.
Some causes of lichen planus are thought to involve the following:
- Medications – sometimes lichen planus can occur as a reaction to certain medicines, including:
- beta-blockers – common drugs used to treat cardiovascular problems
- anti-inflammatory medications
- gold injections – for the treatment of arthritis
- thiazide diuretics
- phenothiazines (a group of tranquilizing drugs with antipsychotic actions)
- Some substances – there is a link between contact with some chemicals used in color photographic development and lichen planus.
- Mercury tooth fillings – some studies have found a link between lichen planus type changes in the mouth as a result of an allergic reaction to mercury tooth fillings.
Get Cured !!
Specially formulated Homeopathy medicines, available exclusively at Welling Clinics can be very effective to cure Lichen Planus and prevent complications.
Welling Clinic offers specialised Homeopathy treatment to cure Lichen Planus permanently. The Homeopathy treatment for Lichen Planus has been developed after an exhaustive in-house research. Our clinics consults for more than 4000 patients of Lichen Planus globally, every year. You too can be benefitted by our expertise in treating Lichen Planus.