Treatment of Chalazion at Welling Homeopathy involves a specially developed treatment protocol which includes customized homeopathic medicines for complete painless recovery.
Chalazion is a hard nodule/cyst in the eyelid formed due to inflammation and obstruction of sebaceous glands (meibomian glands) .It is the the most common inflammatory lesions of the eyelid and are usually painless. Chalazia tend to be larger, less painful and have a less acute presentation than a Stye, but a Stye can eventually lead to Chalazia and vice versa.
Chalazia occur after gland blockage which can be due to :
– If you have had a chalazion in the past, you are at a slightly higher risk of getting another one.
– Repeated rubbing of eyelids with unclean hands.
– Seborrhoeic Dermatitis.
– Chronic Blepharitis
– High blood lipid concentration.
– Viral Infection.
The condition is presented with the following symptoms :
– Swelling of eyelids.
– Pain in the eyes or Eyelid tenderness.
– Tearing of the Eyes.
– Blocked or blurred vision.
– Heaviness of the eyelids.
– Sensitivity to light.
– Hard lump on eyelid.
Large chalazion can cause visual disturbances and astigmatism due to pressure on the cornea. It might end up in cosmetic deformity and infection. Recurring chalazia in the same area may sometimes be a symptom of sebaceous cell carcinoma, which is a very rare occurence.
Most chalazia heal by themselves, either with no treatment or simple home care. Otherwise it is usually treated with steroidal eye drops or topical antibiotics eye drops and ointment. Chalazia will often disappear without further treatment within a few months. Applying a warm compress to the eyelid several times a day for at least 15 minutes help reduce the swelling by softening the oils in the blocked gland, which allow the lump to drain on its own. If still the chalazia persists it can be surgically removed using local anesthesia.
Homoeopathy can successfully help dissolve chalazion without intervention of surgery. And also helps in preventing their recurrence. Homoeopathic drugs reduces redness, swelling, pain and discomfort promptly. Since Homoeopathic medicine is taken internally, it works best by raising natural resistance of the body without any side-effects.
These below mentioned Medicines are few of the most indicated remedies for Chalazion but should be taken under the advice and diagnosis of a qualified Homeopath.
– Apis mel : Swollen lids, redness, oedematous with burning and stinging sensation. Right
sided. Thirstless . Intolerance of heat and touch.
– Pulsastilla : Itching in eyes with thick profuse discharge. Worse in warm room, better in open
– Staphysagria : Recurrent chalazae. Heat in eyeballs. Sunken eyes. Bad effects of anger and
insults. Better by warmth.
– Thuja : Eyelids stick together. Left sided and chilly. Emotional sensitiveness with fixed ideas.
– Calc carb : Sensitive to light, tearing in open air and early morning. Easy fatigue of eyes. Great
sensitiveness to cold.
– Silicea : Aversion to light, eyes tender to touch, vision confused. Chilliness better by warmth.
These below-mentioned Medicines are few of the most indicated remedies for Chalazion but should be taken under the advice and diagnosis of a qualified Homeopath.
Visit one of the Welling Homeopathy Clinic today for an expert pre-treatment analysis and speciality treatment of Chalazion.