Treatment of Dermatomyositis at Welling Homeopathy involves a specially developed treatment protocol which includes tailor-made homeopathic medicines for a complete painless treatment of Dermatomyositis.
Dermatomyositis is an idiopathic inflammation of skin and muscles that occur in adults and children.
It’s a systemic disorder which frequently affects skin, muscles, joints, esophagus, pulmonary and heart.
Causes of Dermatomyositis
- Age- occurs in age begins at age of 50 yrs
- Genetics—HLA TYPES (DR3,DR5, DR7)
- Immunological— (Circulating autoantibodies and T cell inactivity)
- Infections—–viruses like parvovirus, human T cell lymphotrophic, borelia species )
- Environmental factors
- Drugs —-(pencilliamine, quinidine, interferon, BCG vaccine)
- High blood levels (CPK) which further leads to inflammation of skeletal muscles
- Paraneoplastic phenomenon indicating presence of cancer
- Autoimmune diseases – sjogrens syndrome, lupus, scleroderma or vasculitis.
Signs and Symptoms of Dermatomyositis
- Eruptions are predominate on photo exposed surfaces
- Erythema of midface and eruptions on dorsal hands , nail folds , upper outer thighs
- Scaly scalp and hair loss
- Contraction of joints
- Muscle weakness — while climbing stairs, walking, movements of shoulders
- General systemic disturbances—- fever, malaise, weight loss
- Gastrointestinal ulcers and infections
- Children’s may develop tiptoe gait
- Malignancy in adults
Examinations of creatinine kinase, ECG,colonscopy, barium swallow, antinuclear antibody tests, MRI of muscles, muscle biopy can be carried out to detect disease.
Complications of Dermatomyositis
- Difficulty in swallowing— due to contraction of oesophageal muscles
- Aspiration pneumonia —- when food liquids or saliva aspirate into lungs leading to pneumonia
- Breathing problems —– shortness of breath
- Calcium deposits —– leading to calcinosis
- Raynauds phenomenon— skin turns pale when exposed to cold temperature
- Lung diseases
Allopathy treatment of Dermatomyositis
- Corticosteroids (prednisone)—- for muscles involvement.
- Immunosuppressive agents—azathioprine, mofetil, methotrezate.
- Antimalarial agents—- choloroquinine, hydroxychloroquinine.
- Surgical excision of calcinotic lesion within muscles.
- Sunscreen and protective clothing.
Homoeopathy line of treatment – Bryonia, arnica, rhustox, plumbum metallicum, Thuja are some of remedies prescribe by individualizing of the case of patient which overall acts on individual in a safest line of treatment.
Homoeopathy Treatment of Dermatomyositis
It helps in regulating the immune system because of which antibodies production is limited which leads to reduction of inflammation within muscles.
It also helps in controlling the progression of disease.
It also helps in improving the quality of life of an individual by reducing pain, fatigue and immobility of muscles.
Visit one of the Welling Homeopathy Clinic today for an expert pre-treatment analysis and speciality treatment of Dermatomyositis.