Treatment of Dry eyes at Welling Homeopathy involves a specially developed treatment protocol which includes customized homeopathic medicines for complete painless recovery.
Dry eyes are a common condition that occurs when your tears aren’t able to provide adequate lubrication for your eyes. Tears can be inadequate for many reasons. Tears are necessary for maintaining the health of the front surface of the eye and for providing clear vision.
Dry eyes can occur when tear production and drainage is not in balance.
Causes of Dry Eyes
Common causes include:
- being in a hot or windy climate
- wearing contact lenses
- certain underlying medical conditions, such as blepharitis(inflammation of the eyelids)
- side effects of certain medications – including antihistamines, antidepressants, beta-blockers and diuretics
- hormonal changes in women – such as during the menopause, pregnancy, or while using the contraceptive pill
Symptoms of Dry Eyes
The following are the most common complaints associated with dry eye syndrome:
- Foreign-body sensation and ocular dryness and grittiness
- Mucoid discharge
- Ocular irritation
- Excessive tearing (secondary to reflex secretion)
- Fluctuating or blurry vision
Complication of Dry Eyes
People who have dry eyes may experience these complications:
- Eye infections.Your tears protect the surface of your eyes from infection. Without adequate tears, you may have an increased risk of eye infection.
- Damage to the surface of your eyes.If left untreated, severe dry eyes may lead to eye inflammation, abrasion of the corneal surface, corneal ulcer and vision problems.
- Decreased quality of life.Dry eyes can make it difficult to perform everyday activities, such as reading.
Good Eye Practice
- keeping your eyes and eyelids clean and protecting them from dusty, smoky, windy and dry environments
- using your computer or laptop correctly to avoid eye strain
- using a humidifier to moisten the air
- eating a healthy diet that includes omega-3 and omega-7 fats
Allopathic Treatment of Dry Eyes
Ocular hygiene (daily lid scrubs) Topical treatment (tear supplements) Punctal occlusion (temporary, removable, or permanent) Alternative methods include: Hydrophilic bandage lenses and collagen corneal shields Moisture chamber goggles Tarsorrhaphy Adjustment of medications that may be contributing to dry eye Salivary gland transplantation/limbal grafts
Homeopathic Treatment of Dry Eyes
Is very effective for dry eyes as it helps in maintaining the production and balance of tear production through a well selected homeopathic medications . Helps to improve our reading skills naturally without the use of steroids based drops .
It helps to improve our immunity so that eye infections are prevented and further complications like corneal ulceration can be prevented
It is not a maintaining therapy like allopathic but it renders cure .
Visit one of the Welling Homeopathy Clinic today for an expert pre-treatment analysis and speciality treatment of Dry eyes.