Treatment of Hemiplegia at Welling Homeopathy involves a specially developed treatment protocol which includes customized homeopathic medicines for complete painless recovery.
Hemiplegia means severe weakness of the limbs on one side of the body but the specific features can vary tremendously from person to person.
Acquired hemiplegia results from brain injury. The most common cause is a stroke (when a bleed or blood clot damages part of the brain), but it can also result from a head injury or infection
- Stroke-insufficient blood supply to the brain leads to loss of functions of brain
- Stroke occurs due to a thrombus (clot) formed which blocks the blood vessel of the brains and the functions get affected
- Embolus– thrombus travels in the blood stream and breaks elsewhere in the vessels
- Haemorrhage –bleeding from blood vessels supplying the brain
- Head injury
- Uncontrolled dm
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- braininfections and cancers
- Those who smoke have a higher chance of developing a stroke
It is caused by injury to parts of the brain that control movements of the limbs, trunk, face, etc.
This may happen before, during or soon after birth (up to two years of age approximately), when it is known as congenital hemiplegia (or unilateral cerebral palsy), or later in life as a result of injury or illness, in which case it is called acquired hemiplegia
Generally, injury to the left side of the brain will cause a right hemiplegia and injury to the right side a left hemiplegia.
- Difficulty withgait
- Difficulty with balance while standing or walking
- Having difficulty withmotor activities like holding, grasping or pinching
- Increasingstiffness of muscles
- The majority of children who develop hemiplegia also have abnormal mental development
- Behavior problems like anxiety, anger, irritability, lack of concentration or comprehension
- Emotions — depression
- Shoulder pain — Often associated with a loss of external rotation of theglenohumeral joint, commonly due to the increased tone of the Subscapularis muscle and Pectoralis major muscle
- Memory seems poor. Unable to recall recent or past events concerning people, places and activities.
The main complication remains on the loss of autonomy: everything must be done to try to recover mobility as complete as possible.
Among the complications that can occur after hemiplegia
- Pain in joints of immobilized different: the shoulder is often affected with a stiffening of the muscles (spasticity) and local inflammation.
Moreover, the bones of people with hemiplegia are weakened and lose bone density (osteopenia) as the brain give rise to abnormal vascularization of bone.
Finally, sitting in a wheelchair or bedridden status may promote pressure sores (skin necrosis at the points of support) and problems such as venous disorders of venous circulation, the risk of phlebitis and edema.
The sphincter disturbances can cause infectious complications.
There is no cure for hemiplegia
Treatment given is just to relieve the symptoms and make the patient’s life a little comfortable
Scope of Homoeopathy
The medicines given in homoeopathy are generally deeper acting and they in a case of hemiplegia help the patient to regain his confidence, his life which hemiplegia takes away
Homoeopathy helps the patient to lead a symptom free life and tries to make him more comfortable in his day to day activities
This remedy also has paralysis from exposure to the cold of winter
In paralysis which is remote form apoplexy, the paralysis remaining after the patient has recovered otherwise; inability to select the proper word is an important indication. Other evidences of its paretic conditions are found in the aphonia and the weakness of the sphincter vesicae
Paralysis, with atrophy, is the watchword of Plumbum. Wrist drop, paralysis of the extensors. Paralysis due to sclerosis or fatty degeneration. Paralysis with contractions. Tremor followed by Paralysis. Paralysis agitans
The paralysis of Plumbum is probably of spinal origin.
Visit one of the Welling Homeopathy Clinic today for an expert pre-treatment analysis and speciality treatment of Hemiplegia.