Treatment of Mouth Ulcers at Welling Homeopathy involves a specially developed treatment protocol which includes customized homeopathic medicines and speciality dietary advice.
Recurrent mouth ulcers are restricted to oral cavity only. Starts in childhood or adolescences as recurrent small rounds or ovoid ulcers with uncircumcised margins.
Occurs on mucous membranes of the oral cavity.
Ulcers are associated with many diseases so there is no serious underlying cause.
Mouth ulcers often cause pain and discomfort and may alter person choice of food while healing occurs.
Causes of Mouth Ulcers
- Tobacco eating.
- Trauma—chemical injuries, biting of mucosa, wearing dental appliances.
- Endocrine factors- progesterone levels falls during menstrual cycle and during pregnancy in females.
- Allergies to food.
- Use of oral health care products.
- Vit B 12 deficiencies folic acid deficiencies.
- Drugs – NSAIDS (NONSTERIODAL DRUGS)
- Irradiation – in cases where salivary gland s are irradiated leading to dry mouth and more prone to injuries.
Ulcers affects upto 5- 66 % of population.
Symptoms of Mouth Ulcers
- Minor mouth ulcers – mainly occurs in age of 10-40 years
They are small, round, ovoid ulcers around buccal mucosa.
Reoccurs at intervals of 1- 4 months
Heals in 7- 10 days
No evidence of scarring seen.
- Major mouth ulcers – larger, longer duration frequent reoccurences
- Very painful in nature
- Reach a large size of ulcers upto 1 cm in diameter
- Heals slowly over 10-40 days
- Reoccurs extremely frequently
- Heals with scarring.
Complications of Mouth Ulcers
- Non healing ulcers of mouth can lead to malignancies possible.
- Malnutrition- lack of appetite.
Allopathic treatment of Mouth Ulcers
- Maintain oral hygience and antiseptic mouthwash administered
- Topical analgesics – benzydamine mouthwash
- Antifungal drugs
- Topical corticosteroids – hydrocortisone hemisuccinate, betamethasone sodium phosphate
- Topical tetracyclines
- Anti inflammatory agents- benzydamine hydrochloride mouthwash for pain relief
- Thalidomide – 50- 100 mg daily.
Homeopathy medicines for Mouth Ulcers
Borax, nitric acid, phosphorus, merc sol, arsenic alb.
Scope of homeopathy in Mouth Ulcers
- Homeopathy medicines helps in healing of the ulcers.
- It prevents tendencies of ulcers
- Reduces the severity and progression of diseases.
- It helps in improving the overall immunity levels of the individual.
- Homeopathy treats the root cause of the illness
Visit one of the Welling Homeopathy Clinic today for an expert pre-treatment analysis and speciality treatment of Mouth Ulcers.