[kkratings] Treatment of Multiple myeloma at Welling Homeopathy involves a specially developed treatment protocol which includes customized homeopathic medicines for complete painless recovery.
Multiple myeloma is a cancer of plasma cells, a type of white blood cell normally responsible for producing antibodies. Multiple myeloma is considered to be incurable but treatable.
Multiple myeloma causes cancer cells to accumulate in the bone marrow, where they crowd out healthy blood cells. Rather than produce helpful antibodies, the cancer cells produce abnormal proteins that can cause kidney problems.
What is Multiple Myeloma
In multiple myeloma, collections of abnormal plasma cells accumulate in the bone marrow, where they interfere with the production of normal blood cells. Most cases of multiple myeloma also feature the production of a paraprotein—an abnormal antibody which can cause kidney problems. Bone lesions and hypercalcemia (high blood calcium levels) are also often encountered. Multiple myeloma is diagnosed with blood tests (serum protein electrophoresis, serum free kappa/lambda light chain assay), bone marrow examination, urine protein electrophoresis, and X-rays of commonly involved bones.
Multiple myeloma develops in B lymphocytes after they have left the part of the lymph node known as the germinal center. The normal cell line most closely associated with MM cells is generally taken to be either an activated memory B cell or the precursor to plasma cells, the plasmablast.
The immune system keeps the proliferation of B cells and the secretion of antibodies under tight control. When chromosomes and genes are damaged, often through rearrangement, this control is lost.
Risk Factors of Multiple myeloma
Factors that may increase your risk of multiple myeloma include:
- Increasing age.Your risk of multiple myeloma increases as you age, with most people diagnosed in their mid-60s.
- Male sex.Men are more likely to develop the disease than are women.
- Black race.Blacks are about twice as likely to develop multiple myeloma as are whites.
Signs and Symptoms of Multiple myeloma
- Bone pain, especially in your spine or chest
- Loss of appetite
- Mental fogginess or confusion
- Frequent infections
- Weight loss
- Weakness or numbness in your legs
- Excessive thirst
- Spinal cord compression
- Renal failure
Prognosis of Multiple myeloma
The tumor burden and the proliferation rate are the two key indicators for the prognosis in patients with MM. Many schemas have been published to aid in determining the prognosis. One schema uses C-reactive protein (CRP) and beta-2 microglobulin (which is an expression of tumor burden) to predict survival, as follows :
- If levels of both proteins are less than 6 mg/L, the median survival is 54 months.
- If the level of only one component is less than 6 mg/L, the median survival is 27 months.
- If levels of both protein values are greater than 6 mg/L, the median survival is 6 months.
Poor prognostic factors include the following:
- Tumor mass
- Bence Jones proteins
Renal impairment (ie, stage B disease or creatinine level >2 mg/dL at diagnosis.
Complications of Multiple myeloma
- Frequent infections.Myeloma cells inhibit your body’s ability to fight infections.
- Bone problems.Multiple myeloma also can affect your bones, leading to bone pain, thinning bones and broken bones.
- Reduced kidney function.Multiple myeloma may cause problems with kidney function, including kidney failure. Higher calcium levels in the blood related to eroding bones can interfere with your kidneys’ ability to filter your blood’s waste. The proteins produced by the myeloma cells can cause similar problems.
- Low red blood cell count (anemia).As myeloma cells crowd out normal blood cells, multiple myeloma can also cause anemia and other blood problems.
Homoeopath for Multiple myeloma
Homeopathic treatment if started early can control the proliferation of immature or abnormal white blood cells and hence it can prevent further damage to bones, kidneys and vital organs.
Our Homeopathic medicine act at the general level ,can prevent damage to the further chromosomes thus controlling its further multiplication .It can regulate the serum protein level and prevent the calcium levels from rising in the blood and prevent further damage to the kidneys and resorting its function and thus preventing from going into further complications .
Also slows down the rate of getting opportunistic infection thus stabilizing the immunity in the individual.
Homeopathic Medicines for Multiple myeloma
Some commonly used homeopathic medicines are
Arnica Montana, Bryonia ,Eupatorium and Symphytum
Visit one of the Welling Homeopathy Clinic today for an expert pre-treatment analysis and speciality treatment of Multiple myeloma.