Welling Clinic offers specially formulated Homeopathy treatment for Sciatica to cure Sciatica permanently. The treatment protocol has been developed after exhaustive in-house research. Our clinics consult for more than 2900 patients of Sciatica globally, every year. You too can be benefitted by our expertise in the treatment of Sciatica.
What is Sciatica?
The term sciatica describes a set of symptoms rather than a specific disease. Some use it to mean any pain starting in the lower back and going down the leg. Others use the term more specifically to mean a nerve dysfunction caused by compression of one or more lumbar or sacral nerve roots from a spinal disc herniation. Pain typically occurs in the distribution of a dermatome and goes below the knee to the foot. It may be associated with neurological dysfunction, such as weakness. The pain is characteristical of shooting type, quickly traveling along the course of the nerve.
The medical term for sciatica is radiculopathy, which means that radicular nerve (nerve root) in the lower back is being irritated or pinched. The sciatic nerve runs from the lower back through the back of each leg, & branches off to parts of the leg, foot & toes. The pain can be experienced anywhere along this nerve route, from the low back, the buttock, the back of the thigh, the calf, the foot or the toes.
Causes of Sciatica
- Spinal disc herniation – commonly called slipped disc, caused by pressure from a disc herniation & swelling of surrounding tissue.
- Spinal stenosis – here the spinal canal narrows & compresses the spinal cord & nerves at the level of the lumbar vertebra. It is mostly due to spinal degeneration occurring with aging. Sometimes may be caused by spinal disc herniation, osteoporosis, bone spurs, inflammation or a tumor.
- Piriformis syndrome – is a neuromuscular disorder that occurs when the sciatic nerve is compressed or 0therwise irritated by the pyriformis muscle causing pain & numbness in the buttocks & along the path of the sciatic nerve descending the lower thigh & into the leg.
- Pregnancy – as a result of the weight of the foetus pressing on the sciatic nerve during sitting or during leg spasms.
- Other – can be caused by tumors impinging on the spinal cord or the nerve roots. Severe back pain extending to the hips & feet, loss of bladder or bowel control or muscle weakness. Trauma to the spine from a car accident.
Symptoms of Sciatica
- Lower back pain, not as severe as leg pain
- Constant pain in only one side of buttock or leg, rarely both
- Pain that originates in the low back or buttock & continues along the path of the sciatic nerve – down the back of the thigh & into the lower leg & foot
- Pain that feels better while lying down or walking but worsens while standing or sitting
- Pain that is typically described as sharp or shooting rather than dull
- Some experience a ‘pins & needles’ sensation (pricking), numbness or weakness down the leg
- Weakness or numbness on moving the leg or foot
- Associated pain in foot & toes
- Seek immediate medical attention if have progressive lower extremity weakness, numbness in the upper thighs &/or loss of bladder or bowel control
Diagnosis of Sciatica
- Physical examination & the history of the symptoms. Generally, if a person reports the typical radiating pain in one leg as well as one or more neurological indications of nerve root tension or neurological deficit, sciatica can be diagnosed
- The most applied diagnostic test is the Straight Leg Raise (SLR), which is considered positive if the pain in the distribution of the sciatic nerve is reproduced with between 30 & 70 degrees passive flexion of the straight leg
- Imaging tests such as Computerised Tomography (CT scan) or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) can help with the diagnosis of lumbar disc herniation
Treatment for Sciatica
- When the cause of sciatica is lumbar disc herniation, most cases resolve spontaneously over weeks to months. Initially, treatment in the first 6-8 weeks should be conservative.
- Medication – Analgesics with the poor response – specifically NSAID’s. Use of Muscle relaxants – again with poor response. In sciatica due to piriformis syndrome, botulinum injections may give pain relief. There is little evidence for steroids
- Surgery – Surgery for unilateral sciatica involves the removal of part of the disc, known as discectomy, which gives short term benefit
- Alternative medicine – Spinal manipulation is an effective treatment for acute sciatica but not for chronic
Homeopathic Treatment for Sciatica
Homeopathic medicines can be a big help for you in the treatment of Sciatica. Out customized medicines for Sciatica work by reducing the pain & preventing complications.
Homeopathy helps in controlling the pain during the acute attack of sciatica as well as helps in preventing the recurrence of such episodes. It helps in reducing stiffness and improves the mobility of the joints. Homeopathy medicines for sciatica help first by stopping the progression of the illness, reducing the pain and then permanent cure for sciatica.
One big advantage that homeopathy treatment for sciatica offers is that once treated the chances of relapse are very less. Other lifestyle changes and better nutritional diet can help much better for a permanent cure for sciatica.
Meet our experts today to know more about our medicines for sciatica and how you too can live a pain-free life after Welling Homeopathy treatment for Sciatica.