Welling Clinic offers specially formulated tailor-made Homeopathy treatment for Ulcerative Colitis. The treatment protocol has been developed after exhaustive in-house research. You too can be benefitted from our expertise in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis.
- 1 Why Welling Homeopathy Medicines For Ulcerative Colitis?
- 2 What is Ulcerative Colitis?
- 3 Causes of Ulcerative Colitis
- 4 Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis
- 5 Diagnosis of Ulcerative Colitis
- 6 Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
- 7 Homoeopathy Treatment for Ulcerative Colitis
- 8 Homeopathy Medicines for Ulcerative Colitis
Why Welling Homeopathy Medicines For Ulcerative Colitis?
- The custom-made Homeopathy medicines are effective to cure ulcerative colitis permanently,
- We have helped over 4500 patients recover from ulcerative colitis from 1o8 countries,
- If you start early, we can prevent complications of ulcerative colitis,
- Being one of the largest online and in-clinic Homeopathy practice in the world, our experience in managing ulcerative colitis patients can help you get assured results of the treatment,
Call +91 8080 850 950 to book an appointment with our specialist or you can consult and order online your Homeopathy medicines for ulcerative colitis.
What is Ulcerative Colitis?
Ulcerative colitis is irritation (inflammation) of the inner lining of the large intestine also known as Colon (portion of the intestine where water is reabsorbed and waste materials for excretion) are stored temporarily .It also involves the lining of the rectum
The inflammation of the inner lining of the colon results in ulceration, swelling which can give rise to painful bowel movements, bloody diarrhea (bloody stools) and rectal bleeding .
In medical term this disease is grouped under “Inflammatory bowel Disease “
Ulcerative colitis has an incidence of 1 to 20 cases per 100,000 individuals per year, and a prevalence of 8 to 246 per 100,000 individuals.
It is found worldwide, but is most common in the United States, England, and northern Europe. It is especially common in people of Jewish descent. Ulcerative colitis is rarely seen in Eastern Europe, Asia, and South America, and is rare in the black population. For unknown reasons, an increased frequency of this condition has been observed recently in developing nations. it may also indicate that an industrial or Western diet and lifestyle increases the prevalence of this disease
Ulcerative colitis is an intermittent disease, with periods of exacerbated symptoms, and periods that are relatively symptom-free.
In patients with ulcerative colitis, however, the immune system is abnormally and chronically activated in the absence of any known invader. The continued abnormal activation of the immune system causes chronic inflammation and ulceration.
In short it is an autoimmune condition where the body immunity cells are fighting against the own body tissues –causing damage to the lining of the colon and rectum and alternating its function producing abnormal symptoms like bloody diarrhea and painful defecation.
It causing a general distress in the patient where day to day activities of the individual gets affected.
Causes of Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative Colitis begins most commonly during adolescence and early adulthood, but they also can begin during childhood and later in life.
- Diet: High intake of unsaturated fat and vitamin B6 may enhance the risk of developing ulcerative colitis.
- Patients with Milk allergy
- Diet containing high amount of sulphur
- Attacks have been precipitated by high protein meat and alcohol
Recent studies have shown people with high degree of emotional upsets, stressful events in life like death, divorce have known to precipate the disease.
Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis
Due to its autoimmune nature –the symptoms are not only restricted to colon and rectum –but we find due to the invasion of immunity cells in other parts of the body –symptoms are expressed there also along with main symptoms .
Patients usually present with diarrhea mixed with blood and mucus, of gradual onset that persists for an extended period (weeks).
- Mild to serve painful bowel movements
- Crampy pain in the abdomen while passing stools
- Due to blood loss recurrent –Anemia-pale of nails, palms and eye conjunctiva.
- Wt loss
- Extraintestinal Features
- Patients with ulcerative colitis can occasionally have aphthous ulcers involving the tongue, lips, palate and pharynx.
- Involvement of eyes: redness of eyes
- Joints: inflammations of joints called arthritis especially spine –pain and swelling of the joints
- Clubbing: deformity at the end of the fingers
- Inflammations of the veins –swelling of the veins –leading to thrombosis
- Skin: redness and nodosites
Diagnosis of Ulcerative Colitis
The best test for diagnosis of ulcerative colitis remains sigmoidoscopy to see inner nature of the lining of the colon and the rectum.
While performing of endoscopy the physician can see the vasculature (blood supply), ulceration and any out-growth like polyps.
The physician may elect to limit the extent of the exam if severe colitis is encountered to minimize the risk of perforation of the colon. Usually in serve cases it not performed to limit the spread of the disease.
Blood investigations are also performed to know the general health status
- Renal Function test
- Electrolyte studies:
- Urine Routine
- Stool culture, to rule out parasites and infectious causes.
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Standard treatment for ulcerative colitis depends on extent of involvement and disease severity. The goal is to induce remission initially with medications, followed by the administration of maintenance medications to prevent a relapse of the disease. The concept of induction of remission and maintenance of remission is very important.
Iron supplementations have to be given as there can be severe anemia.
Ulcerative colitis can be treated with a number of medications, including 5-ASA drugs such as sulfasalazine and mesalazine.
Corticosteroids such as prednisone can also be used due to their immunosuppressant properties and short-term healing properties, but because their risks outweigh their benefits, they are not used long-term in treatment.
Side effects of drugs can cause major effect on the body, mostly they are immune-suppressive they weaken the immunity of the body further.
They cannot halt the disease progress
Some of the common side effects of the drugs are
- Increased blood sugar levels,
- Weakness of bones
- Swelling of the face,
- Peptic ulcer and
- Avascular necrosis of the head of the femur
Role of Surgery in Ulcerative Colitis
If there is serious complication –intestinal perforation –leading of heavy blood loss –Gastrointestinal Activity of the gut is halted –endanger to life the patient may be taken immediately for surgery and the concerned part of the colon can be excised
Ulcerative colitis affects many parts of the body outside the intestinal tract. In rare cases, the extra-intestinal manifestations of the disease may require removal of the colon.
Homoeopathy Treatment for Ulcerative Colitis
All autoimmune diseases are related to stress –it is like you are fighting with your oneself , there is something which I am not able to accept . Homeopathy helps to build up the immune system of the body thereby preventing any stresses to affect the system and thus helping to achieve health in totality.
The modern medicine can only deal with the symptoms of the disease and can only make you symptom-free but cannot do anything for your continuous stress ,anxiety levels –it requires healing from within in which homoeopathy has excellent scope . So the effect is only temporary and palliative along with dangerous long term side effects.
As our medicines deal with mind and its effect on the body at the same time .It is found that in severe cases of ulcerative colitis it can over a period of time improve the condition and quality of life, and if persisted with treatment can induce remissions.
Homeopathy Medicines for Ulcerative Colitis
The common Homeopathy medicines that our specialists have prescribed for ulcerative colitis at our clinics over the last 18 years are
SILICEA , PHOSPHORUS, COLCHICUM, TEREBENTHINA, MERCURIUS , ARSENIC, ALUMINA , SULPHUR, THUJA, AND NITRIC ACID.
Meet our specialists at any Welling Clinic or consult online to know about your custom-made Homeopathy medicines for ulcerative colitis and get started with your Homeopathy treatment for ulcerative colitis.